Monday 26 August 2013

guest blogger alyssa wilson: white lace dress




ASOS lace dress, Cropped denim jacket purchased hereMichael Kors watch, American Apparel stud earrings, gold rings purchased from a local boutique, essie nail colour in fifth avenue, two tone sunnies from eBay & BCBG thrift store find brown leather heels. 


I am not usually one to only wear a dress once (even my wedding gown...rest assure I will find a way to wear it out again!) but I do admit it can be challenging to find ways to re-wear a piece that is meant for special occasions or events. Over the years I have found ways to easily take a fancier dress and make it more every day appropriate. I also quickly realized that there is no reason why items purposely bought for a wedding or a special outing can't be recycled for another special occasion instead of becoming "that dress I only wore once..." but refuse to get rid of so it ends up hidden at the back of the closet and ignored (that's not very nice!)

 I purchased this lace dress from asos for our wedding rehearsal dinner. I paired it black tights and a simple black wool cardigan at the time but decided that it was too pretty not to wear out again. The strapless cut and lace overlay made it easy to wear during any season yet I wanted a more casual approach to it. Paired with a cropped denim jacket, brown leather heels and easy hair this outfit can easily be worn during the day and never has to fear the back of the closet again.



Photography by Justina Phippen

2 comments:

  1. I love your sunglasses.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete